Welcome to the online home of Main Street Veterinary Clinic! Thank you for your interest in our clinic! The doctors and support staff at Main Street Veterinary Clinic recognize that your pet is an important family member. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will make sure you and your pet receive personalized care and attention. We welcome new clients and pets each day, expanding our circle of friends!
Main Street Veterinary Clinic first opened in 1992 under the ownership of Dr. Coral Ashby. Dr. Lisa Takesue, the current owner, began working at the clinic in 1998 as an associate, and purchased the clinic in 2005. Dr. Ashby retired from practice in 1999 when she was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) and passed away in 2005. The clinic continues to grow and welcome new clients daily.
Our high standard of care means we utilize advanced diagnostic equipment and progressive therapies to efficiently treat your pet’s illness. We strongly advocate preventative care as this optimizes your pet’s health through the years. As a Mixed Animal Practice we treat dogs, cats, horses, small ruminants, pocket pets, reptiles, and birds. For pets and large animals unable to travel to the clinic we offer house calls with our fully equipped vet truck. View Our Services page to learn more.
We offer the following services:
- General Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry for small and large animals
- Complete in-clinic laboratory services
- X-ray and ultrasound in-clinic plus portable units for ranch calls
- Emergency service (available Monday through Saturday, not on Sunday)
- Ranch calls available for large animal patients
Special Interest: Ultrasound
- Ultrasound is a nonsurgical, noninvasive way to look inside organs for abnormalities or altered function. We can diagnose heart disease, find tumors, stones, obstructions, confirm a pregnancy, obtain biopsy samples, and much more. Our small animal ultrasound is a GE Logiq 5, capable of detailed Abdominal and Cardiac imaging, including Doppler analysis.
- Our equine reproduction ultrasound is a portable unit by Classic Medical.
- Dr. Takesue has over 13 years of experience in both small and large animal ultrasound.
Special Interest: Dentistry
- Our staff strongly advocates keeping your pet’s teeth clean and free of tartar, which harbors bacteria and causes bad breath. Tartar leads to gingivitis, abscessed teeth, pain, tooth loss, and potential bacterial infection of the liver, kidney, heart, and lungs.
- We have a state of the art dental suite with a dental xray unit, piezoelectric scaler, polisher, and exodontic capabilities. Horses older than 8 years of age should have their teeth checked and floated if needed to maintain correct chewing surfaces and remove painful hooks and points.
- To promote our patients’ dental health we have a Discount Dental program every year in February and March, just ask the receptionists for details.
Main Street Veterinary Clinic 2530 S. Main Street Lakeport, CA 95453
Phone: (707) 263-6232 Fax: (707) 263-6253
Mon.-Fri.: 7:30am-6:00pm Saturday: 8:00am-5:00pm Sunday Closed
From Upper Lake: Take Hwy 29 South to Lakeport, exit left at Soda Bay/ South Main Street. Turn Left onto S. Main Street, the clinic is 500 yards up on the right.
From Lower Lake: Take Hwy 29 North to Lakeport, exit right at South Main Street. Turn Left onto S. Main Street, the clinic is 500 yards up on the right.